Department: Central Finance
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Feltham - Hanover House
Hours of Work: 37.5
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Line Management Responsibility: N/A
Size of Budget: N/A
You will be responsible for providing financial control to a significant part of PERFORM. You will be working within the Finance Department and reporting directly to the Head of Financial Reporting working closely with the Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, as well as supporting the MD and Commercial Directors within the Content Distribution division.
Key responsibilities will include:
1 Monthly Financial Reporting. The role will have responsibility for preparation of the Divisions monthly results. The person will also have responsibility for continuous improvement of systems and processes.
2. Financial Planning & Decision Support. Develop and review the annual budget and monthly forecasts of both financial and non-financial performance. The role will also provide commercial modeling, analysis and support to the Betting, Media and Content Commercial Directors and Account Management Teams. This will cover both ad hoc analysis for small deals to key involvement in long term strategic projects.
3. Management Accounts. Preparation of the monthly management accounts; explaining variances to forecast and budget presenting detailed revenue and cost analysis.
4. Balance Sheet Reconciliations. Responsible for reviewing balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the financial accounting team, ensuring all balances have been adequately explained.
5. Team Management. Review team outputs and develop team capabilities
• Experienced ACA qualified
• Advanced Excel skills, with demonstrable speed in using complex spreadsheets
• Ability to develop relationships and work closely with both financial and non-financial staff
• Ability to communicate financial information in a clear and precise manner
• Strong commercial acumen
• A strong interest in the media and betting sector
Knowledge of the accounting package Access Dimensions would be advantageous
25 days annual leave, Bupa Private Healthcare up to Family Cover, Life Assurance (4x annual salary), Pension, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Sharesave plan and Childcare voucher Scheme. We also offer breakfast, free parking (Feltham offices) fruit, pastries and soft drinks. Please Note- some of these benefits will not be available to you, until successful completion of your probation.
PERFORM creates and distributes sports content that millions of fans around the world interact with every day. PERFORM's global content collection, production and distribution capabilities alongside industry leading digital products are unrivalled in the market and enable PERFORM to generate revenues through licensing, advertising and subscription.
Every year PERFORM produces and distributes over 43,000 live events, 4.7bn video on demand streams, 430,000 editorial articles and up to 1,600 data points for over 30,000 events across over 2,600 distribution clients.
Our direct to consumer products reach over 65m sports fans every month and includes Goal, the world's largest football website, whilst ePlayer, the world's largest sports video platform reaches a further 120m fans per month making PERFORM the largest digital sports advertising network.
Headquartered in London, PERFORM employs over 1,400 staff and has offices around the world. Our clients include sports federations including the ATP, WTA Tennis, Premier League and NBA as well as numerous global brands in betting, broadcast and online publishing.